Skip to main content

231. Who you are?

 

What happens when you grow up, only to realize that you don't know who you are anymore; or if you ever did know in the first place? In the ministry, it's so easy. Sharing the amazing things of the Lord. Sharing where He shows up and how He is in the mix of it all, It's so easy. But how do we share the Lord in the mess?  

How do we share the goodness of the Lord when the bills pile up, the food is gone, and you barely know how to put gas in your car without asking other people for help? How do we share the Lord to the people who's entire day is wrapped up in working or taking care of others? How do we share the Lord with people who are so burned out to the point that they are cursing God? How do we share the goodness of the Lord when we haven't seen it ourselves in quite some time?

As ministers, as disciples, it seems so easy to tell people to sell it all and follow Him. But will you take His hand and follow him, if following Him means detriment to you physically, emotionally and mentally? Would the Lord even ask that of us? 

Yet this is where I am. At a crossroads where there's a cliff on one side and a perfectly lush and beautiful path on the other. 

And the Lord is clearly pointing towards the cliff.

How can we tell other people to take the leap with the Lord and encourage them along the way, if we haven't had to do it ourselves? How do we get His people to understand His heart in all of this?

We have to jump. So here I am jumping, with tears in my eyes. Not really knowing what why or how but knowing who is with me on the way. 

And I am terrified. 

Terrified that I won't meet the expectations, terrified that I will not measure up, terrified that the ground beneath me is shaking in a way the rocks are dying to cry out and yet here I am standing here with all the questions, and telling the Lord that the name of Jesus is not enough of an answer to make the leap.

And I am terrified that He is ashamed of me for thinking that way.

But I want to encourage you, that it's ok to be terrified for the Lord.

When He is with you, it's time to jump. Without the answers I need but knowing the answer there is. 

Jesus

Hebrews 11:6 - But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

1 Corinthians 2:5 - That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

James 2:24 - Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

John 12:23-36 23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 24Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. 25He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. 26If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour. 27Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. 28Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. 29The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him. 30Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. 31Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. 32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33This he said, signifying what death he should die. 34The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man? 35Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth. 36While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.


Comments

  1. I never new you had this blog amazing and so true believing In Gods words 🙏🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...