Skip to main content

228. Always


Share the funny things, Ash. The encounters that make this walk real. The things that make you giggle. Share what makes you, you. Share what makes God great. Share the love, the laughter and the scriptures that tie it all together. Share what God has done for you through the gift and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. 

It’s pretty simple but we tend to make it way more complicated. Today the Lord reminded me to keep it simple and keep it fun.  

As I was getting up, I took a look at my dog max. Instead of him jumping up and being all excited to see me, he laid down and wanted belly rubs. I didn’t hesitate to lean down and show him affection. 

The Lord reminded me, in that moment, that no matter what, He’s always there. 

On the days we are so on fire and excited for the Lord, we can jump up in worship and cry out for victory, flooding His throne room with worship and praise; He’s there.

On the days he sees us lying on our backs, falling to the defeat of our flesh, crying out, broken, needing direction, needing Him to come to us; He’s there. He will not hesitate to come down to where we are. No matter where that may be at the time. 

Over the last month I have been flooded with the Lord setting up divine appointments, prayer, worship, healing, and opportunities for such deep growth, exposing the lies the enemy had me believing in so many areas of my life. 

You have no idea how deep this was needed. 

God is that good. He is always there.

In the worship, in the hardship, God is good. All the time.  I pray His love washes over you, as you worship, as you pray, as you hunker down in the secret place with with word. I pray the Lord burns up and aligns every area of you life with His will for you. I pray you realize that Jesus is all it takes. 

I pray for divine encounters and for the Lord to remind you that He is with you in this walk. I pray that you have spiritual eyes to see and ears to hear. 

Father God is with you, all the time. Jesus made sure of it and the Holy Spirit empowers it. 


Psalm 42 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

3 My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?

4 When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.

5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

6 O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.

7 Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.

8 Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.

9 I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

10 As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?

11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...