Skip to main content

205. My Strong Tower

 

I heard the Lord say “I will be your strong tower in 2023.” When He spoke, it was not in a tone that was reassuring or comforting but it was said as a matter of fact statement. 

As this truth settled into my spirit, I was met with a vision of myself standing in a dusty field. It looked like the desert. It was dry and the air felt stagnant. There was no breeze. It was quiet. 

Suddenly the dry grass began to sway. I heard the wind pick up with the sound like a freight train coming at you at a hundred miles an hour. My hair was blowing in the wind, sand and dirt were beating against my face. I was starting to lose my balance. The wind didn’t let up, as a matter of fact it increased. As it picked up, rain began to fall. Thunder and lightning rang through the sky. 

As this storm around me increased, the temptation to panic welled up. As it did, however, so did the presence of the Lord. This confidence in Christ filled my spirit and I lifted my arms to praise the Lord. As my arms began to rise, I opened my mouth in praise and worship to our Lord and savior. 

In that moment the wind, sand and dust around me increased to the point of what felt like a tornado. Yet in the midst of this chaos, this terrifying storm, I stood, arms raised, safe, praising Jesus. 

The whirlwind of dust surrounding me began to come together forming bricks before my eyes. As I continued worshiping the Lord these bricks were turning the materials of this tornado into the strong tower, brick by brick from the bottom up. The Lord used my worship through the storm to protect me. As long as my focus was on him and not the storm, I was safe. 

There I stood, in the middle of the strong tower. The storm raging against it from the outside. Dust, rain, and debris coming in through the small windows, reminding me of the vicious attack outside. In this tower, nothing from the outside could get to me. Could it intimidate me? Yes, if I let it. Could the enemy use the storm to have a field day in my mind? Yes if I let him. We control how we react to attacks. In the middle of this tower, surrounded by a storm of destruction, one layer of brick away from death, I have never felt so secure, and so confident in my faith in Christ. 

I heard the Lord say “Many of my prophets speak encouraging words for 2023, few speak of walking through the storms of 2023 with me. I will be their strong tower if they keep their focus on me and not the storm. I am aware of their storms, they need to be aware of my presence.”

For many, 2023 will not be the amazing year they want it to be. Many of us will face trials, tribulations and loss that come with life. All of us will need the Lord now more than ever. 

This is your reminder that He is your strong tower. Your refuge. Your confidence is not in yourself, it’s in your Lord! 

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous runs into it and are safe.

Psalms 4:8 - I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

Psalms 28:7 - The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Proverbs 19:23 23 The fear of the Lord leads to life, So that one may sleep satisfied, untouched by evil.

Psalms 5:12 - For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

Matthew 10:16 - Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

2 Timothy 4:18 - And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Matthew 28:20 - Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...