Skip to main content

199. Dance on your Rock

 

 

This morning I took time to spend with the Lord. It was brief before worship and prayer, but it was humbling, reassuring and comforting. The Lord showed me raging rapids. The type of river that you wouldn’t dare cross. 
 
I saw myself jumping from the shore onto the first rock. My balance was slipping, I was unsure of my foothold. Like a baby giraffe my legs were unsteady. I wasn’t sure how I’d get to the other side. May times in life we see the challenges, we see the other side, but we have no idea how to get there. We see the rapids, the rushing waves and we freeze in fear.
 
I felt so afraid. I couldn’t get to the next rock without jumping. It looked slippery, it looked too far away and it looked so small compared to the rising waters around it. I hear the Lord say “Jump” so I jumped.
Once again my foothold nearly slipped, my balance was shaky and I almost fell in. “Jump Ash!” I hesitated less this time around, I didn’t take as much of a pause running through my thoughts, or trying to land on my own understanding. I heard His voice and I jumped. My feet landed stronger this time. My legs less shaky, my foothold stronger. “Keep going”. 
 
I saw myself jumping from rock to rock, gaining confidence with each leap. Growing in the comfort of the steadiness of the rock. Ignoring the waves. The Lord showed me joyfully dancing and leaping over these rapids landing strongly on the rocks. “Trust the rock, not the Leap, Ash”.
 
Land on the rocks, steady your feet, leap in faith but trust the ROCK, not your balance.
 
It’s time to jump! Not to look at the waves, not to worry about falling in, not to trust in yourself and your own efforts. 
 
Trust, rest and dance on your rock!
 
Psalms 18:2 - The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
 
2 Samuel 22:32 - For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?
 
1 Samuel 2:2 - There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
 
1 Corinthians 10:4 - And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
 
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
 
1 John 4:18 - There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...