Skip to main content

196. Build the House


I heard the Lord say “It’s time to build”. Many of us across the body of Christ have had the same stirring in the spirit. Some are building ministries, some building kingdom business, some are building kingdom families and all are building foundations for Christ centered lives. 

Then I heard the Lord warn sternly that unless He builds the house we Labor in vain. 

Imagine building a new house. You scope out the property, you hire custom builders, and subcontractors and you watch them get to work. 

Now imagine as soon as that first brick is laid for the foundation some jerk coming and kicking it out of the way. Imagine as soon as you try to frame up those 2x4’s for the walls and you’re pulling the trigger on the nail gun that someone slaps it clean out of your hands. 

Imagine putting in a window and as your leveling it up, someone coming along and pushing it out of the frame sending it crashing to the ground below. 

That’s how much the enemy doesn’t want you to build that house. As soon as we begin to build, the enemy begins to distract and tries to tear down and destroy. 

What you are building for the Lord will attract demonic forces that will try to tear it down. 

Protect it with the word, protect it with prayer, protect it with fasting, protect it with worship, protect it with serving, protect it with love.

Above all protect it by spending time listening to the Holy Spirit and hearing from the Lord. 

Discernment is key in this next season of building. Some you cry with, some you build with and some will only come to the housewarming party. 

Psalms 127:1 - Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

Hebrews 3:4 - For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.

Proverbs 24:27 - Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house.

Haggai 1:8 - Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the LORD.

Luke 14:28 - For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

Philippians 4:19 - But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 58:12 - And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

Proverbs 24:3 - Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established:

1 Corinthians 3:9 - For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

Isaiah 32:18 - And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;

Proverbs 14:11 The house of the wicked will be destroyed, but the tent of the upright will flourish.

1 John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Hebrews 5:14 - But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

John 7:24 - Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1 Corinthians 2:14 - But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Colossians 2:8 - Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

1 Corinthians 14:33 - For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

James 1:5 - If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Matthew 10:16 - Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 - Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...