Skip to main content

188. Fine Tune Your Keys

 

Last night I was honored to attend a Bible study with PdnKelly Myrtlebeach Biblebank where a close group gathered with food, fellowship and a dive into Revelation 10. Afterwards we were led to have a time of prayer that the Lord orchestrated to His will. It was so refreshing to see this small group making such a large impact on the men and women that are involved. 

As I was on my way home I was praying and thanking the Lord for using me the way he does. I was giving Him the glory of this trip and pouring my heart out to Him in thankfulness, worship and praise. As I was praying He showed me a vision of a piano and a woman sitting there playing. Some of the keys were out of tune so she was playing beautifully around them. Her fingers dancing around the broken keys to avoid the harsh out of tune sounds that would make you cringe a little when you heard them. Some keys that were slightly off, she would still play here and there, it wasn’t obvious that the melody was interrupted, but to the discerning ear you could hear the difference. 

I heard the Lord speak, tell them to rest while I fix the broken keys, Ash. It’s takes a master to tune to perfection. 

Then He dropped in my heart, that while it’s obvious to even an untrained ear when the keys were off or broken, the ones that are only slightly off pitch can only be detected and repaired by a master of that trade. 

Many of us are quick to point out and want to fix the broken keys that make us cringe. We turn from sin, we find a church, we listen to a few Christian songs here and there, but there are parts of our lives that only the Lord can tune to perfection. 

There are hidden parts of our hearts, our minds, our flesh and emotions, past hurts, unhealed wounds and areas in our lives that we would rather dance around. When we dance around the brokenness we don’t have to stop and rest. We don’t have to sit alone with ourselves, we can play around our brokenness and try to put something beautiful out in the world. 

Yet, How glorious would the melody be if every key was tuned to perfection?

There are times in our lives when the Lord has us rest, when He does heart surgery, mind renewal, and where deliverance is necessary to fine tune our keys. 

It’s ok to rest while the Lord does the fine tuning. The melody will be worth the wait. There are keys in your life that may not make you cringe when you hit them, maybe they’re just a little off pitch, maybe no one else will notice, but the Lord notices, the Lord sees and the Lord heals the brokenness in His way and in His timing. 

It’s time to ask the Lord what fine tuning your melody looks like. What areas of our lives are we dancing around? What parts are just a little off? What are we not letting go of? What are we hiding? What are we holding back? What areas are we holding on to the world instead of the hem of His garment? 

Rest, let go, and let the Lord heal all those hidden places. Those parts of you that only the Lord sees. Let Him reveal His Glory. Let His full melody be shown in your life. It’s time. 

Matthew 11:28-30

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Exodus 33:14 - And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.

Psalms 4:8 - I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

2 Samuel 22:2 - And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;

Psalms 34:4 - I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

John 8:32 - And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 15:7 - If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

2 Peter 2:9 - The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

John 8:47 - He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Psalms 37:4-5

4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Romans 10:17 - So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Philippians 4:6 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

James 1:22 - But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...