Skip to main content

161. Don't be that bunny, Ash

 

I've been struggling recently with this stirring in my Spirit. This longing to have a deeper revelation of the word, paired with the busyness of the world found in working, being a mom, and trying to fit everything else in-between. I've been struggling with feeling unsettled, wondering what's next, and I heard the Lord speak to me "Don't be that bunny, Ash". As I heard that phrase settle into my spirit, I saw a picture of a chocolate Easter bunny. It looked so nice. It was detailed, you could see the fur, the eyes, ears, nose and mouth. You could see the cotton tail and there was a flower necklace around it. It reminded me so much of the ones you would see on Easter morning in your basket as the "main event". It looked like it would be so sweet and that it would melt in your mouth. 

It was in the Lord's hand sitting on the palm of it. The next thing I knew, His hand was removed from under it's perfect peace. It fell to the floor and it shattered. It had been hollow this whole time. Just a thin layer of chocolate, decorated to the best ability possible, hiding the structural weakness. When the force of the fall came, when the hand of the Lord moved, it was in a hundred pieces on the floor. It's structure was weak, it's decoration for show. It had the appearance of being solid, of being able to withstand a fall, but when a slight force disrupted it's perfect appearance, the entire thing broke apart. 

"Be this bunny, Ash." Then I saw a vision of another one. It wasn't nearly as pretty, the details weren't perfect, there was no flower necklace. It was just a solid chocolate bunny. As this bunny fell, it took a hit and it merely got a ding. Just another scratch to the outside but it remained in one piece. Intact, solid, not as pretty as the one before, but far more sturdy. If you think of the solid chocolate bunnies you got as a child, you remember trying to gnaw into them. How hard the chocolate was, how long it took you to even break an ear free. How much force you had to put into it. Sometimes even needing a knife to cut through it. 

Be solid Ash, stand firm. So many of us feel that we have to be that perfect bunny. We have to look a certain way, talk or act a certain way. To be blessed and highly favored when someone asks us how we are dong. When in reality, its hollow, its show, it's what the world has expected of us. There is no substance, there's no filling, and we wonder why so many lives are so easily shattered? Why so many fall away from the church. We worry more about the outside than we do the inside. 

So be that imperfect bunny. The one that isn't just right. Be the one that can withstand the fall, the forces of this life, and come away with only a scratch. Don't be afraid to be you. Be filled with the word, the truth, the Holy Spirit. Spend time filling up as you pour out to others. Be filled with the Holy Ghost, with the truth of the word and with Jesus. Who cares how many dings you have, how many scratches you have gained over the years? They are simply proof that you have fallen and were able to stand up again. 

Proverbs 24:16 - For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

Psalms 144:1 - (A Psalm of David.) Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Isaiah 40:31 - But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Matthew 11:28 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Psalms 31:24 - Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

1 Corinthians 16:13 - Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Deuteronomy 31:6 - Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Isaiah 41:10 - Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Deuteronomy 20:4 - For the LORD your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.

Ephesians 5:18 - And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Romans 5:5 - And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Galatians 5:16 - This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Romans 8:9 - But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 Corinthians 12:13 - For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Matthew 7:24-27 - Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...