Skip to main content

145. It’s Time to Be Intentional

 

I heard the lord speak tonight. “It’s time to be intentional.” Intentional is defined as done on purpose or deliberately. Deliberate is defined as done consciously or to engage in long and careful consideration. Conscious is defined as aware of and responding to one's surroundings. Purpose is defined as the reason for which something is done or the reason it’s created or the reason for which something exists. 

The Lord put on my heart that the purpose is the Gospel, it’s the great commission. 

Matthew 28:16-20 The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

We must be intentional with our words, with our actions, with our thoughts, with our time. We must be aware of our surroundings. Not only in the natural but also in the spiritual. 

How many times have you been on auto pilot? You’re tired, you’re busy, you’re just trying to make it through the day. The Lord put on my heart that this is wasted time and that we don’t have time to waste. I myself am guilty of this. I’m rushing to work, to drop off the kids, to get home, to be able to finally sit down and relax. All those moments are wasted if they aren’t being lived intentionally for the Lord. 

There are people hurting in this world that need you to be intentional. There are people you pass by every day that struggle with depression, loneliness, abandonment, people who have never recovered from wounds of abuse, from church hurt or from the lies of the enemy. There are people struggling every day that could have their entire lives changed by the intention behind your interaction with them. 

I encourage you all to be intentional, in everything you do. People’s lives depend on it. It’s time we start acting like it.

There are Christians who only read the word when they feel like it. Who go to church when they feel like it. Who only apply scripture they feel like applying. It’s time to be intentional. 

There are Christians who spend more time watching other people living in sin on TV or on social media calling it entertainment, than they do worshiping, praying, reading the word and going to church all together. I know, I was one of them for years. It’s time to be intentional. 

It’s time to think about what we think about, what we do, what we say and how we act. It’s time to be intentional. 

Because we are in a spiritual war, and you can bet your britches that the enemy is intentionally corrupting our minds, our will and our emotions. The kingdom of darkness is intentional. It’s time we fight back with the same conscious effort. It’s time we are aware of our surroundings both in the natural and in the spiritual. 

As I was leaving for work the other day, I felt this tug on my pants and shirt at the same time. I was coming down the stairs and I felt pulled back. Immediately, I discerned five or six little demons tugging on me, trying to hold me back. I shook them off and got into the car. I asked the Lord for revelation on this and I was given a vision of a giant sling shot. I was loaded like rock in the band of it. I saw a gang of demons pulling at me and holding me back. They didn’t know that the harder they pulled, the more they tried to keep me bound, the stronger the force of the release would be. The farther I would be projected and the higher I would soar. 

Many times we feel that the demons of our past will haunt us, will always be something we struggle against, or will hold us back from our destiny. However many times, they become the greatest testimonies of salvation. They become the light that draws others out of the same darkness. 

Be intentional with repentance, with rebuking and with casting demons out. Be intentional to forgive, to break yourself free from the demons that hold you back. Only then will you reach new heights. You may not know how to fly, you may feel out of your element with the freedom of the air on your face, the breath of the Lord in your lungs, with the fire of the Holy Spirit in your bones, with the living water flowing through you. Yet like anything else you are comfortable with, it takes time. Over time the unnatural becomes natural. Habits become strongholds just as freedom becomes a lifestyle. It’s time to be intentionally free. It’s time to enter discipleship intentionally. It’s time to stop getting by and start living life. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...