Skip to main content

114. The chain breakers coming; the enemy looks foolish

 

This conference was such a blessing to my spirit. This was the first time I’ve really attended a teaching on anything related to prophecy. I’ve been to a ton of healing and deliverance teachings, and I’ve seen teachings on the gifts and the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but prophecy is new. I’ve been told by others that I have a prophetic gift but I didn’t really understand what that meant or how to use that in anything other than my blogs with how I write about what I see. I feel far more equipped in this area now. The Holy Spirit was tossing confirmation left and right to everyone this entire weekend. It was such an anointed flow. 

The teachings by Kevin Riordan, Brett Spears, and Terry Smith were informative, relatable, anointed, spirit led, and fit perfectly together like a all of the pieces to a brand new puzzle being put together by a retired couple sitting on their sun porch by the beach on a breezy Sunday after church. 

There were almost too many experiences to recall. I’d have to write ten blogs. It was amazing to see everyone, to spend time speaking and ministering to close friends and new friends. This entire group of people has been the most amazing blessing to my life. I could go on for hours about how much I love everyone but I’ll stick to what you’re here for. 

As we worshiped there was a time where I had knelt down on my knees and put my face to the floor. They began to sing “the chain breaker’s coming” during the worship. This phrase repeated, and as that continued, I felt this horrible pain in my back. The Lord revealed to me 6 large, thick metal fishhooks that were in the skin on my back. Attached to each of these hooks were medium sized chains. All 6 chains connected to a large thicker chain that was being pulled by a demon(s). 

As they repeated “the chain breakers coming” I saw Jesus swiftly cut that chain like a hot knife through butter. This left the 6 hooks in my skin with their smaller chains still attached, swinging. Then the Lord stood me up and brushed off my shoulder, as if to give me the comfort of knowing that He’s got this. As you can imagine, with every hook He removed, I felt the pinch and tug in my skin. It was painful but necessary. Once the hooks were all out, the Lord took a warm damp cloth and wiped the wounds. It felt warm and comforting. The pain began to decrease. After he had cleaned all of the blood off of my back and washed the wounds, He stretched His hand out toward my back and simply said “Be healed”. All the pain went away. He put a robe over my shoulders and then boom I was back to being face to the floor. I asked the Lord to reveal to me the meaning of all of this and I think this is what I am getting.

We are all perfectly fine with declaring that the Lord will break all the chains, and He will every time you ask Him to. How many of us, to be honest, leave it at that though? How many of us let the Lord break the chains that bind us to the enemy but then try to put our shirt back on and go about our every day business without letting the Lord do the painful work of pulling out the hooks? Then the Lord revealed to me that the hooks represent the demonic components addressed during inner healing. Unforgiveness, repentance of sins, soul ties, generational curses, spoken word curses, and witchcraft. When we don’t address these areas, even with the chains broken, we will still be subject to infection of those wounds. If we only address one or two of these areas, those other hooks will still pull at our skin any time we try to move around. They’ll still sting in the shower, they’ll still get caught and pull on your shirt. The Lord can break the chains that the demons had access too but if we don’t address all areas of inner healing and deliverance, we will still be subject to pain at our own expense.  Yes, it’s going to sting to go through all 6 of these areas with an honest view of yourself and your past. It’s a painful but necessary process to get to the point of complete healing. Then the Lord put the words on my heart that he wants to do “a complete work” when healing His children. He doesn’t just want to break the chains. He wants to get into the mess that has you broken and He wants to clean it out and go through it with you and do a complete healing work. He doesn’t just want Sunday morning and obligation, He wants a relationship and to be involved with the intimate details of your daily life. Let Him in and let Him complete His work.

A little while later, Terry was teaching on prophecy. He instructed us to close our eyes. He then asked the Holy Spirit to show each one of us the way the Lord sees us. I pictured a momma deer in a field with two fawns. They were surrounded by wild flowers. Suddenly I realized that the hunters target the mother and I was struck with a nanosecond of fear. The Lord said “look again”. As I looked again I saw the deer and her fawns covered in suits of thick shiny armor. Then I giggled because the thought came to my mind of hunters trying to shoot a deer in armor. The Lord then said to me “that’s how foolish the enemy looks, targeting my sons and daughters”.  He put on my heart that when we protect ourselves with the full armor of the Lord, the enemy doesn’t stand a chance. The devil looks as foolish as a hunter shooting at a deer in a suit of armor. When we arm ourselves we are fully protected by the Lord. 

As we continued with prophetic exercises I had one more quick vision. I saw a white candle that was lit. Then I saw the Lord’s hand with a torch and He ignited this candle from the bottom and with a wooosh it was engulfed in flames and the wax liquified. I don’t think the Lord is looking for a “this little light of mine” generation. I feel that He is raising up a generation that will burn with the Holy Fire of the Lord at a temperature and intensity unlike anything we have seen before. The Lord is doing something new!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...