Skip to main content

86. Who will conquer the darkness?


Who will conquer the darkness? When we think of spiritual warfare and battles, often times we think of stories from the Bible. Stories like David and Goliath, like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, we think of the time Jesus was tempted in the wilderness or the story of Job, we think about the way good triumphs over evil. We think about endurance, trials, triumphs and praise. We never really take the time to think that our daily lives are a battleground for spiritual warfare. We don’t think that our daily actions, words, or thoughts have anything to do with the bigger picture of spiritual war, but we are wrong.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (KJV)
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Ephesians 5:15-16 (ESV)
15 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.

The enemy is watching and waiting to gain access on any ground that we leave open for attack. We must be vigilant in guarding our hearts, guarding our thoughts and not letting our emotions succumb us to attack. As much as we are praying and crying out for revival, I see a darkness that is waiting to take advantage to anyone who’s mind isn’t guarded with the truth of the Word. Many will be misled. Many have been misled by those teaching grace and mercy without teaching the fear of the Lord and the necessity of repentance to go with it. You can’t pick and choose which scriptures you believe and which you don’t. Either the entire Word is the truth, or you’re on the fence. What a sad day it would be, come judgement, if you’re found on the fence only to realize that the fence belongs to the enemy. Those on the fence, have held onto their mustard seed of doubt, a seed of doubt that has kept them from their Lord given covenant of relationship with Christ. That very doubt will keep them from eternal salvation, and they have no idea. I’m here to clue you in. Nothing in this life matters. How prepared for eternity are you?

John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Galatians 6:7-9 (NKJV)
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

2 Timothy 2:3-5 (NKJV)
3 You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.

The other day I was sitting on the couch, as I felt the urge to look at the ceiling I was immediately given another vision. I saw thousands of people with their hands lifted to the sky. These people were all praying and crying out to the Lord. They were scattered all across the United States. As their hands reached up to the Lord, the clouds parted. I saw hands reaching down from the sky. They appeared to be of the Lord, but something didn’t feel right about them. I could see the hands and forearms, I could see the off white robe draped over the arms as they descended toward the crowd. People began crying out in delight, some reaching up harder and crying out in praise.

Some others though, began to pull their arms back and walk away, guarding their hearts. It appeared to be the Lord, but something just didn’t feel right. As the larger group continued reaching up, a darkness was unleashed upon the earth. I saw demons clawing at their shoulders, pulling on their arms, grabbing at their wrists. I saw the looks on the faces of people caught by surprise, not realizing they were in eminent danger until it was too late. Again I looked to the sky, the robe that was once an off white, darkened to nearly black. This wasn’t the Lord at all. As more and more darkness was unleashed upon the earth, it rose like a thick dark water all over the world. “As in the days of Noah” came to my mind. The entire nation was overcome with darkness in a moments time. Suddenly it was quiet. As I looked around, darkness was all I could see. Off in the distance, I saw a glimmer of light. As I focused on the light, I noticed another glimmer far off in the distance. These lights reminded me of fire flies on a summer evening. Tiny glimmers of light scattered across the darkened landscape. As I looked closer, I could see leaders emerging in white. They were carrying the light. I was expecting them to be preachers or well known pastors, evangelists, and prophets but they weren’t. They were the delivery driver. They were the teacher. They were the garbage man. They were the ones who knew the true heart of the Lord. They were the ones who knew the truth of the Word. They were ones you’d never expect to be leaders. Rising up, using the light within them to provide a path of the truth for others. As they took the hands of those trapped in darkness, their light continued to spread. Hope was being restored.

John 8:12
12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

In another vision, I looked to the right where I saw a mighty cross on a hillside. It stood in majestic glory for decades. Suddenly there was a revolt against the Lord. Hundreds of people climbed the hillside carrying rope. They all swung grappling hooks to gain ahold of the cross. Then with an emotionless force, their droves pulled down this cross. As it fell, the ground shook for miles, it reminded me of the way statues are being torn down and removed across America. It reminded me of the way that history is being erased. We may know, as Christians, how the story ends, but what we don’t know is how hard the enemy will fight to try and change the history book. We must continually remind the enemy that “It is written!” We must continue to focus on the Word, on the truth and on the light.

Matthew 24:4-6 (ESV)
4 And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. 5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.

Guard your minds, fill your heart with truth, do not succumb to fear, anxiety or hopelessness. Know the truth. Be free indeed. Know the voice of your father, that’s all He asks from us. To believe.

John 10:25-29 (ESV)
25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name bear witness about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...