Skip to main content

84. The Sword



I was on the road the other day and I was daydreaming at the clouds. This particular cloud caught the corner of my eye. I did a double take. I was instantly reminded of our country in my spirit. I was then hit by sadness, fear and urgency. As I was trying to figure out what all of that meant...I noticed how dark the area was that appeared to be the USA. It was like a foreboding hit my spirit. It felt sinister and to be honest, it almost made me sick. It had been bothering me for a few days, trying to pray and think about what it could be. As I was praying today I saw a vision of the country. There was a dark cloud across the entire country. It was thick with every negative feeling that we are going through right now: fear, loneliness, isolation, desperation, envy, suspicion, anger, hatred, sin, evil. The thickness of this dark cloud almost tasted like a dry, bitter ash in my mouth. Suddenly the negativity faded into hope. I saw His hands gripping and guiding a giant sword down to the earth. The strength and determination of His grip were a comfort. As it swiftly cut the cloud of darkness that spanned across the USA, it reminded me of the fluent ease of cutting a ribbon. Just like that the darkness was severed. Almost like cutting a pizza in half, but in one swoop, with a sword. The purity of the metal, the strength and peace in His hands, the Perfect Love that shattered all Fear, it was remarkable. The clouds parted, the foreboding vanished. The clouds parted, the foreboding vanished. The sun was able to shine down again. Hang in there. He’s coming, but it’s going to get worse before it gets better. Repent, Pray, Seek the Lord, Seek Relationship, Worship, Have Hope, Have Faith. Those of us who know Jesus should have FAITH. It’s all in the book, these things have to come to pass and they are. This is the Good News!! He’s coming because He LOVES us. He wants nothing more than our love in return.

Romans 10:13 (KJV)
13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Isaiah 66:16 (NKJV)
16 For by fire and by His sword
The Lord will judge all flesh;
And the slain of the Lord shall be many.

Matthew 10:34-42 (KJV)
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.
42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.


Philippians 4:4-9 (NKJV)
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Meditate on These Things
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...