Skip to main content

82. How Are You Positioned?

The other day I was looking outside as it was dreary and gray. I thought to myself how it feels so gloomy, like we will never see the sun shining, or feel it's warmth on our skin again. I am beyond ready for summer, this weather hurts my heart. As this awful weather continued on, in it's depressing mess, I was fortunate enough to notice a break in the clouds. I was standing at the sink washing dishes the other day and I looked into the back yard. The sun was shining and the birds were chirping. As I continued looking out over the yard, the warm presence of the Lord had me nearly dropping to my knees. I felt the Lord tell me to go stand in the sun with my face looking up to the sky. I hesitated because even though the sun was shining, the wind was very cold.

The Lord gently revealed to me His heart for us, the way His love for each of us burns consistently. Never fading, never extinguishing. Every day, burning for each of us as brightly and as fiercely as the surface of the sun. It brought me to tears. I began to think how there are days when we can feel the burning heat of the sun, but then there are days like today where the sun shines, and yet the cold wind remains. He reminded me that the seasons we go through in our lives are directly related to our position to Him, including our own revelation of his Love for us and our time spent in His Word. We need to understand the depth of His love, His acceptance, His Mercy and His Grace toward us. We need to understand the truth of the Word. It was put on my heart to share that the way we are affected by the different "seasons" our lives go through in this world, is directly related to how well we understand the Word; along with our personal realization that His love is sill there in the midst of that trying season. He will love you through your mess. Behind the clouds, above the rain, even through the snow storms and hurricanes blow, the sun remains.  His love is above it all, burning brightly for each of you, with an intensity stronger than any sun. If we feel cold, if we feel far away from the Love of the Lord, we need to re position ourselves. We need to adjust our position, our focus and our functionality in the Word. His position never changes. His love is burning so deeply for His children to realize who He is, and to form the individual relationship He wants with each and everyone of you.

Change your position to be closer to the Lord.

Romans 8:37-39 NIV
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,Or "nor heavenly rulers" neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Psalm 27:4
4 One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Joel 2:12-13
12 “Even now,” declares the LORD, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.” 13 Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.

Hosea 6:1-2
1 “Come, let us return to the LORD. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds. 2 After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...