Skip to main content

7. Connecting with others through the Holy Spirit 10.01.19

7. Why would everyone be so quick to believe ghost hunter stories and go looking for signs and wonders all over tv and travel to distant places searching for connections to the spirit world? Tell them Ash. Tell them that signs and wonders are in their every day lives!! They are not looking for them. Tell them about your lunch yesterday. Tell them, it's not just you, Ash.
A few days ago, I was led to reach out and message a family member I have not seen in person in a very long time. She was one I had always admired for her warm and soft persona and her joyful presence. I was pulled to reach out to her one morning and I thought while I was typing that message, oh I’ll send it later. She will think I’m crazy after all this time. Why now?, I can wait. “No, now” Ok I’ll send it now. Message sent.
She reached back out to me and says omg Ashley, I have been feeling led to reach out to you and I almost sent you a message earlier but I thought, I’ll wait till after work. Yes, let’s get together. I have missed you.
Boom. I’m sorry but there are no coincidences like we want to think there are. There are no such things as coincidences. Like it or not.
Here I find out that she has been praying and fasting herself too. Hmmmmm..... how can two people one in Fairchance and one in Belle Vernon be pulled to message each other at the same time? How can they have not talked or connected in YEARS and yet both be led to fast cities away without knowing the other was doing it? Why would such a noble woman of God who has been in church her whole life and who is very dear to the Lord God’s heart be thinking about her niece who has been lost and is finally found. Out of “thin air?” Surely not.
The emotion welling up inside of me during that lunch was one I think we both were holding back on. I was feeling led to grab her and hug her and thank her for all of the prayers that I never new had been spoken over me my entire life. To let her know that her prayers were the armor over me that kept the fiery darts of the enemy at bay. To let her know that this was more than just a lunch. It was a reminder to keep going and keep saying what I need to get out. I wanted to cry for all of the negative judgmental emotions that I’ve let keep distance between us all these years. I wanted to cry and laugh and sing and dance and just hug her so tight and convey the biggest thank you I ever could. I love you Aunt Terri. Thank you. For everything!!!
To everyone who has sent me a message saying that this is what they needed to hear, thank you!!! Thank you for reminding me that I don’t need likes and shares or comments on posts to reach people. Plant the seed. Be the honest struggle that others need to see.
To the ones reading my posts, to the ones that have been affected and convicted by these words. To those who who will read it, roll their eyes and keep scrolling. Yes you. You too. Jesus loves you. Please come home. Wake up. I’m a nobody. Scripture says what that means.
To those praying for family members who are lost, the Lord God hears your prayers. You are protecting your loved ones with every blessed word spoken over them. Don’t stop now. Don’t stop ever.
Wake up people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...