Skip to main content

64. Is Your Heart Connected? 02.04.20

So I’m in the shower singing my heart out to that song I posted earlier. I get to the lyrics “I don’t want to talk about you like you’re not in the room. I wanna look right at you, wanna sing right to you!” and I hear the Lord reply “Do you, Ash? It’s been a while since you’ve talked to me about things.” It shook me up and made me pause. You see, I’ve been doing a lot of praise and worship, I’ve been reading the word, I’ve gone on a mission trip and have been going to teachings and praying for others, but have I really been talking to the Lord about everything that’s on my mind? The answer is no, I haven’t.
I’ve been going to the Lord in prayer for others, prayer for my children, for my family members and friends. I’ve been going to the Lord in prayer and worship, listening for Him to speak to my heart. What I haven’t been doing like I used to, is talking to the Lord as if He’s right next to me. I haven’t been speaking to Him as if he cares about every little detail of the different things that I’m going through each day. I feel that this was His reminder to me that He cares about everything. He cares about your needs, He desires to have daily communication from you more than you could ever imagine. I’ve been trying to take myself and my needs out of the prayer equation because I felt that He already knows what I need and what I desire. I felt that He already had everything under control, I felt like it was disrespectful to keep coming to Him with my requests. What I lost with those thoughts was my conversational heart to heart connection with the Lord. You don’t always need to go to Him with a list of prayer requests a mile long, selfishly forgetting to praise Him for the things that you’re thankful for and that you already have, but you should feel that you can go to Him with anything that is on your heart. What I feel He desires from each of us, is that heart to heart connection. That connection that says no matter what you’re going through, I’m here for you. I feel that He wanted me to let everyone know that He expects us as His children to come to Him with anything that’s in our hearts or on our minds. Take it to the Lord and He will provide you comfort to get you through whatever you are dealing with.
1 Thessalonians 5:17 - Pray without ceasing.
Jeremiah 33:3 - Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
1 John 1:3 - That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
Isaiah 65:24 - And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...