Skip to main content

59. Impurities 01.30.20

59. The Lord always gives me messages that make me laugh and are a bit unconventional. This morning I was in the bathroom doing that fun thing us girls always do. You know that amazing feeling of just going to town on blackheads and seeing all that yuck come out of your pores. After a week in a country with less than ideal water and drinking soda non stop my face has been a mess. I should have made one of those you tube pimple popping videos. Anyway, as I’m going to town with the squeeze the Lord says to me “that’s one of my favorite things, too.” Puzzled I’m thinking to myself “Popping blackheads Lord?!” He simply replied “No Ash, eradicating impurities!”
Proverbs 25:4
Remove impurities from the silver and the silversmith can craft a fine chalice;
Romans 6:19
I am using an example from everyday life because of your human limitations. Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness.
1 Thessalonians 4:7
For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.
When you welcome the Lord into your heart and let the Holy Spirit guide you, something happens inside of you. Sometimes it’s a slow gradual change, other times it’s a night and day bandaid tearing off situation. Slowly you’ll notice that the things of the world don’t have the same appeal they once did. You’ll notice your language changing, you’ll notice a desire to surround yourself with people you admire and that can mentor you and help raise you up. You’ll find yourself diving deeper into scripture and enjoying your time in the word. You’ll begin to see the world with the same eyes that the Lord has. Slowly things will look different to you, and you’ll never be the same.
The Lord has a deep desire to have a genuine relationship with you. He desires to change your heart from the inside out. He wants nothing more than the opportunity to open your eyes and to strip you of your impurity.
1 Peter 1:7
These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
1 John 3:2-3
2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3 All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...