Skip to main content

5. Toss the TV 9.30.19

5. Want to hear the one about me giving up Chick fil a? No, good because I don’t either.
Ashley giving up chick fil a, speaking craziness, what is this?! I don’t even know, but I bet it means our time is almost up.
By this point I have been having a complete loss of appetite. It’s been days now since any real substance but I’ve been trying to pick when I can. I’m nauseous and sick from everything I feel/see all darn day. I think to myself, I love Chick fil a spicy chicken. If I get one I bet my appetite will come back, I bet I’ll be able to eat again. I just need spicy chicken. Well, now I am in the Chick fil a drive thru to get my usual spicy chicken sandwich and sweet tea for me and mac n cheese for Nash. I am one car away from ordering my meal, and it hits me like lightening. “NO More Meat!” And I go “Oh come on, that’s not even fair, I’m right about to order!!” and the Lord god laughed and said “you’ll see why soon.” I think he gets a kick outta me sometimes. He sure likes to play that timing card of His. I have heeded that word and have not had any meat since. I ordered Mac n cheese for Nash and I thought I’ll try a soup. So I get a soup and get to Erik’s house to visit with Nash and I can barely swallow a noodle and then I ended up spilling the whole thing by accident and I go, Ok Lord, continue fasting it is.
Fast forward to last night I am having all these words pouring out of me and I’m trying to write them all down and I took a break to get a drink of tea and I realize that it was Sunday. I go “ooh 90 day fiance is recorded, I’ll take a break to watch it.” I go to sit down and again like lightening I hear “if your right hand” and I know enough scripture to know that means business. So at 5am I tore the TiVo box off of the TV. The kids can have their Netflix and I will be less distracted.
Matthew 5:29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.
Matthew 5:29-30
Now let’s go read Acts, Ash. We have work to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...