Skip to main content

43. Keep Your Footing 12.28.19

43. When you’ve been shattered a thousand times, it’s difficult to keep your footing as you press forward. Sometimes the ground may feel like it breaks away beneath your feet as you step. You may feel that you’ll fall again, falling even harder than you did before.
Psalm 62:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.
It’s easy to continue to seek the Lord when you feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. It’s easy to raise your hands up in prayer when things are going well. The question becomes what do you do when there is silence? How do you handle it when there is a time of quiet, a time of attack, a time of trial, a time where you pray and there is no amazing revelation of the word, a time where you cry out in prayer and get no answers only silence?
John 15:7 - If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Philippians 4:19 - But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
John 14:18
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Do you continue to seek Him and hold fast to the promises of His Word during your trials? Do you let the quiet drown out the Word? Do you let that seed of doubt or fear become planted and begin to grow? Don’t turn your heart from the promises that you know are true. Don’t turn your eyes from the Word because you don’t “feel” the Lord moving in your life or working on your behalf. He is always with you, having a perfect plan laid out for your life wether you feel like He is or not.
Psalms 84:11
For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.”
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
We should replace this desire to feel or see the Lord working in our daily lives with the Faith that the Lord is true to His Word and with a knowing that He is hearing our prayers, continually working behind the scenes on our behalf always, wether we feel and see it or not.
I’ve encountered people in my life who feel that because their prayers weren’t answered that there was no God. I’ve encountered people who continue to pray the same prayers over the same situations and find themselves loosing faith because they feel that their prayers are not heard or that the Lord is upset with them or must not want them to be healed or want their situation changed. What I challenge to them is this, not to pray for what the flesh wants, but to pray for what the Lord is willing.
Many times we go into prayer knowing how we want the situation to be resolved. We go into prayer pleading with the Lord to give us our way and our answers. It’s like we are children in the back seat of the car and it’s lunch time. Our Heavenly Father is in the drivers seat and we make our request known for McDonalds chicken nuggets. We repeatedly ask for McDonalds nuggets. The Lord God knows you want those nuggets, but the direction you are headed only has a Wendy’s. There is no McDonalds in sight. Is your Heavenly Father going to let you starve? No, of course not. He will pull into Wendy’s and get you food. Our Heavenly Father will provide you with what you need based on the direction you are headed in your life. Is it always going to be exactly what you and your flesh want or see as the answer to your prayers? NO! But, will it be what you NEED to survive and to keep you heading in the RIGHT direction? YES, ALWAYS!!!
Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.
Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:”
Mark 11:22-24
22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them].

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...