Skip to main content

42. Integrity 12.25.19

I have often lived by the motto to leave a person or place better than you found them if possible. I pick up garbage when no one is looking. Often when I don’t even want to but am prompted to. There was a time when I had a very sick Nash man with me and when I got to my car I noticed that the cashier forgot to scan my water and diapers from the bottom of the buggy. I could have easily gotten in my car that rainy day and went home, but instead I unloaded everything that was paid for and pushed that buggy in the rain with a sick baby right back into the store and paid for my diapers and water. I often times give to others when I could use things myself because I feel the best in my heart when I give. When you turn your life to Jesus and you begin to set boundaries with people that were not there before, you will lose a lot of people from your life. Your self respect and who you are as a person on the inside will eventually bleed through whatever cover you try to put on for people. Many times those who use harsh words and try to manipulate situations do so from an inner hurt and rejection they feel inside. You must stick to what you know, the word of The Lord our God. You must stick to the boundaries that you’ve set. You might be pleasantly surprised with who accepts your new found fire for the Lord. You’ll also be not so pleasantly surprised with the people who reject you. The Lord will take out of your life what needs removed and you may be overwhelmingly surprised with the way things could turn around. Even when you thought it would never be possible. Stick to your boundaries and stick to the word of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...