Skip to main content

13. What is Love? 10.05.19



13. So let’s take a minute to talk about love. To talk about the fact that The Lord God loves everyone equally. He doesn’t pass judgement, He loves you where you are and will meet you there to bring you out of the darkness and into the light. Even if you have gotten yourself into the mess you are in, Jesus has his hand reached out to pull you home. He doesn’t care what sins you committed in the past, He doesn’t care what your physical appearance is (as a matter of fact I’m still not allowed to look in the mirror and be vain like I always did before and it’s the best most freeing feeling I’ve ever had.) Don’t be afraid to go to church because you don’t think you fit the bill. You belong just like everyone else does. The Lord God loves everyone equally. Everyone knows John 3:16 but let’s look at a few other scriptures too.
Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Proverbs 8:17 - I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
1 John 4:10 - Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.
Mark 12:31 - And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
Looky looky there folks. Those are just a few of many scriptures from the Bible that discuss Love and how we should love each other as the Lord God loves us. Now can we as Christians please get to practicing what we preach?!
My church is very welcoming but so many of you have contacted me regarding bad experiences you’ve had in the past or feeling uncomfortable going to churches you’ve attended. That really breaks my heart and makes me sad that as Christians we still try to compartmentalize the people that attend church to see if they fit here or fit there or if they even fit at all.
I’m done with all that. Come to me with prayer requests unashamed of who you are and where you have been or what you have done. I can bring them to our church even anonymously, or we can bring them to the Lord God together in the privacy of your home. It’s time to realize that Jesus is everywhere and loves everyone and wants us all to have a personal close relationship with him.
I’m used to being the one that doesn’t fit in. The one that the other moms roll their eyes at, the one who was awkward, the one who was the bad mom. I know exactly how all of that feels and I can tell you that the love, acceptance, forgiveness and deliverance you find in Jesus, feels better than being accepted in this world ever could.
He loves us all equally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

240. Back together again

  You know, it's hard when you're growing and walking things out in this life. We look at the world and we point out what's wrong, or what needs changed but we don't realize that the change within us is the most important change needed of all.  The Lord took me to a hallway today. The rooms were all white. In the first room I saw myself about 5 years old. I had crayons and paint and I was dancing to music, painting and coloring these beautiful pictures on the walls. I was praising the Lord and singing as loud as I could. In the second room I was a teenager. I was sitting at a desk. I had colored pencils lined up distinctly in a row, sorted by color. I was coloring on a piece of white paper making a neat picture of a hillside. On top of the hill sat a small white church with a view of the sunset. I had head phones on, jamming out the inside while my composure was quiet and still. In the third room I was in my 20's. I was seated at a dining table. I had a canvas and p...

259. The milestones and the mundane

I caught some milestones on my odometer yesterday. I’ve always liked numbers and when they align just right it gives me a little hint of joy. As I was driving the Lord spoke to me about the milestones and the mundane. In the life of Jesus we often think of the milestones. The water to wine, the loaves and the fishes, Lazarus called out of the tomb, walking on water, the sermon on the mount, to name a few. From His birth to His crucifixion there were undeniable times where Jesus made a mark with the work of His hands, the path He walked and the words He spoke. But what about the random Tuesday when he was 15, the time working as a carpenter in the heat of the sun, or the times he shared a simple meal with His family?  There were milestones and there were mundane days and moments that led up to them.  The mundane leads to the milestone.  I was led to Isaiah 41 and in that chapter verse 15 stood out to me. It says “I make of you a threshing sledge, you shall thresh the mount...

256. Pray. Fast. Obey.

In prayer this morning I was reminded of the last year and how far I’ve come. How following Jesus Christ, no matter what the outcome, can produce a life you’ve never imagined.  When you stop falling for fear based compromises and truly walk out in faith to what you’re called to do, you’ll experience things beyond your comprehension. You’ll find your true identity when you lose your life in Christ.  I was reminded how messy and treacherous it can appear when the Lord tears through the lives of those called and chosen to Him, to rend you away from the grip of the sin of this lukewarm world; and pulls you in closer than you’ve ever been before. Snatching you from the grave.  A love that pierces every cell of your physical body. A love that transcends time, spirit and matter. An incomprehensible consummation of your entirety.  The jealous love of Jesus Christ our savior, the Lord of our lives. The love made available to each and every one of us through His death and resu...